This is Money are running a piece entitled – ‘Two thirds of parents would buy a home for their child to live in at uni: Is it a good idea and how do you make money as a student let landlord?’
It can be seen here, and explains that it makes a lot of sense for parents of students to buy small properties, where they can, thus not only reducing the student debt, but also having an investment.
The article also goes on:
- What returns can student properties make?
- Where are the top towns to invest?
- What sort of property should parents choose?
- What sort of mortgage does a student let need?
- Beware the first-time buyer tax trap
- Rules and restrictions to watch out for