The Government has proposed an Ombudsman scheme, which will be mandatory for all private landlords in England.
They have invited views on this and iHowz have submitted their views, which can be seen here
Details of the proposal can be seen here, and says:
The Ombudsman scheme will be mandatory for all private landlords in England. It will provide redress and dispute resolution to all private rented sector tenants by an independent person, in accordance with the terms of the arrangements with the Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities (herein referred to as “the Authority”).
The purpose of this PTME is to gather information to:
– help define the service specification for the Ombudsman;
– help provide a better understanding of the feasibility of the requirement;
– understand the best approach to introduce and implement the Ombudsman;
– understand the capacity of the market to deliver and possible risks involved;
– inform value for money considerations undertaken by the Authority;
– provide the market with an opportunity to ask questions, raise queries and any issues to be addressed at an early stage;
– inform potential delivery timescales of the Ombudsman;
– inform our decision on the route to market.
Further details can be seen here