iHowz have just submitted a paper to the Treasury in respect of the next Spring Budget.
The whole paper can seen here here, and calls for:
- Rescind Section 24 of the 2015 Finance Act
- Allow Registered Landlords to reclaim Supplemental 3% SDLT on rental properties.
- Remove the requirement to pay Supplemental 3% SDLT on lease extensions
- Index the Supplemental 3% SDLT threshold or link it to the standard SDLT threshold
- Extend period for filing CGT return to 6 months
- Make residential letting property a qualifying asset for CGT roll-over relief
- Remove CGT 8% surcharge, or some sort of retirement relief
- Restore the LHA link to local rents, returning it to the 30% percentile
- Energy Efficiency costs:
- 100% write down of costs in year of spend.
- Grants with a long-term scheme which recognises a realistic approach (fabric first + achievable measures)
- Zero VAT rating should apply to Conversion, Refurbishment and Retrofit Works
- Legislation to stop council tax re-banding of individual rooms.