HM Treasury has published statistics on the government’s Help to Buy: ISA scheme. They show:
- Since the launch of the scheme, 410,075 property completions have been supported by the scheme.
- 538,840 bonuses have been paid through the scheme with an average bonus value of £1,073.
- The highest number of property completions with the support of the scheme is in the North West and Yorkshire and The Humber, with the lowest number in the North East and Northern Ireland.
- The mean value of a property purchased through the scheme is £175,010 compared to an average first-time buyer house price of £214,452 and a national average house price of £256,405.
- The median age of a first-time buyer in the scheme is 28 compared to a national first-time buyer median age of 30.
For the full statistics, click here.