The Office for National Statistics has published a report entitled Changes in private rental sector behaviour, England and Wales: February 2022 to September 2023.
It can be seen here, and in summary found:
- Compared with last year, it has become more likely for prices to have risen since last visit for privately rented properties in England and Wales.
- For privately rented properties revisited in September 2023, where a property’s price had risen, the average price percentage increase was larger in Wales than in England.
- Since last visit, prices had risen by 10% or more for around one in five privately rented properties revisited in September 2023 in England and Wales.
- Of all English regions, the proportion of privately rented properties revisited in September 2023 where prices had risen was highest in London and lowest in the North West.
- Of English regions, the average percentage price increase for properties revisited in September 2023 (where prices had risen) was highest in the North West (12.3%) and lowest in the South West (7.8%).