Enveloped Dwellings tax returns must be digital from April
Published on Tue, 13th Mar 2018 09:00
From 1 April 2018, all online Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings returns must be filed using the ATED digital service. Agents and their customers should register with HMRC now to use this service from 1 April 2018 (unless they have already done so).
The old-style online forms will be withdrawn on 31 March 2018 and can no longer be used.
BENEFITS OF THE ONLINE SERVICE
Agents will be able to:
- accept client’s authorisation requests online
- see a list of all of their ATED clients in one place
- send returns on behalf of their clients and manage their online accounts
- manage their own list of clients within their organisation.
Customers will be able to:
- fill in and send any ATED returns online
- authorise their agent to act on their behalf
- save and review their return before submitting it
- view or amend returns that they’ve already sent to HMRC online
- print a copy of a return they’ve already sent us
- get instant access to their payment reference number
- monitor their account, including any outstanding balance
- save information from previous years, reducing the need to key in the same information again in later years
- claim relief without the need to enter individual property details, saving valuable time.